I haven't told any of my friends or my husband about this blog. I opened it because I see it as a way to share things that I would normally not feel comfortable talking about. Most related to my obsession for vampires.
Reading vampire books has helped me open about my true self. Specially Anita Blake. She reminds me of me in many ways. But in reality was has inspired me lately is the author, Laurell K. Hamilton.
I have been working very hard the last 8-9 years to deal with the monsters in my past and the scars they left me with. I do owe a lot of the progress to my husband. But even with his support, I have felt that he has his own agenda and I left parts of me behind. Simple things that make a difference.
For example, out taste is music is not the same. So I would opt to hear his music and never play mine. I would read his kind of books and not mine (fiction, vampires, crime, etc). I found Anita and with her stories I found me again without hurting my relationship.
So now I feel more myself and I'm ready to take on the next chapter in my life, where I can share more of myself and not be afraid of who I am.
After this post, I will go pick up from the library "NARCISSUS IN CHAINS" which is the tenth book of the Anita Blake series.... and we'll see where that takes me in my spiritual journey!
Thank you Anita!
Feel free to share your Anita story with me....
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Laurell has helped me as well. When my last child started driving, and I no longer had to drive to school,practices, etc., I suddenly had free time. I started reading. I found that I enjoyed vampire/werewolf stories. I had a hard time sitting and reading( not used to that) so I decided I would do something productive while I read; get my butt on the treadmill. When I found that the Anita Blake series had 17 books, I was thrilled to have so much workout material.Then I got hooked. I literally was so into the books, that some days I found that I had gone 10-15 miles without even realizing. Over the course of the books, I lost 35lbs and decided to give myself a goal of doing a marathon! Mind you, I have never been very athletic, so this is quite the goal. I have used the 8 Merry Gentry books for my training which I started in Dec. I am almost done with Divine Misdemeanors and will have to start over with Anita, but no arguments here. I have 5 more weeks to train, and have downloaded a couple books on audio for the long training walks outside and the marathon itself. As Laurell K Hamilton and her wonderful fantasy stories have helped you live a healthier life mentally, she has helped me live a more fit and healthy lifestyle physically.
ReplyDeleteScorpio Vampire, I am glad I found your blog. I started pretty much the same way, not telling anyone about it until it became a part of my life I couldn't live without and realized that people who love want to know how I de-stress myself.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear your life was difficult - the posts I read before hitting this one made me think how similar your life is with Anita's (and honestly I wish nobody would have to deal with such difficulties early on). I hope it only gets better from now on.
And I think women as general should read Anita, it really helps one being strong in life.